When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980's Shogun 400...just brought it home

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I actually had this exact same bike many, many years ago and sold it. Same size, color, etc. And like the one I had, this is all original, right down to the tires that still hold air. 😎

Entry level bike, I know, but I remember it riding so nicely when I had it. This one is filthy and needs major love, but it's what I like to do.

The bike had been on Craigslist for a while at $200, and recently dropped to $100. I called the guy and I went to see it. We had a nice conversation about things he buys and sells, and I told him what I do with the bikes. So, after telling him it wasn't worth that much money to me, he said he got it from a house cleanup and it was in the Garage. He said to make him an offer, and I did, for $50. He smiled and said "It's Yours". 🙂

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2235.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

Last edited:
It's dirty but the alloy surfaces look good. Should polish up nicely. Good luck with the paint. That might take a bit of elbow grease! Have fun

@1motime I wiped a section of the down tube with a wet paper towel. Dirt came right off to expose nice, shiny burgandy paint. I don't think this will be quite as bad as I had originally thought. 😎

-----

these twist spider chainsets are fun

IIRC the OFMEGA Mistral was the first

EDCO also did one there in CH

HARPO is going to have this beast concours ready in two shakes of a lamb's tail 😃 🚴‍♂️

-----

I do remember that the seat was very uncomfortable and changed it out almost immediately. Also, the pedals seemed narrower if I remember correctly. 😕

A little nervous about the spotty rust that seems to be permeating through the head tube. Haven't tried to examine it closer, but just really noticed it in the photo. Initially I thought it was dirt, but now it doesn't appear to be. 🙄

Last edited:
Back