When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980's Shogun 400...just brought it home

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Not bad! My 'new to me' Fuji will need a little more TLC. Good luck with your latest find!

00o0o_1tKpr4d0Psbz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

-----
I do remember that the seat was very uncomfortable and changed it out almost immediately. Also, the pedals seemed narrower if I remember correctly. 😕

A little nervous about the spotty rust that seems to be permeating through the head tube. Haven't tried to examine it closer, but just really noticed it in the photo. Initially I thought it was dirt, but now it doesn't appear to be. 🙄

Ferrous Oxide San appears to be a fellow who is more "outside-in" than "inside-out"

in any event, a wee spa treatment with OA shall sort matters in a jiffy

---

the Shogun marque belongs to the Nippon firm Marui Ltd of Kobe. cycles produced variously by Merida, Miki, Tan & Yamaguchi. me guess here is that this is one of the Miki products done by Miki Industry Co. Ltd. of Nagoya.

Shogun's U.S. office at this time was in Joysey; it subsequently relocated to Kent, Washington.

-----

this is from The 1st year I sold these bikes. This model was 269.95 . Made in Japan.
The East coast distributor was Fred Wilkins & Associates.
The West Coast Distributor was Seattle bike supply.

@detroitbike I'm going to assume somewhere around 1984? I know the really early ones had that cool head badge, which I had on a 300 Series not to many years ago.

Finished it up. Not one of my Crazy detailing jobs, but nice enough to offer to someone. Tires (tubes) are still holding air, though they need to be replaced.

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2301.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2308.jpeg

IMG_2309.jpeg

IMG_2315.jpeg

IMG_2316.jpeg

IMG_2320.jpeg

Finished it up. Not one of my Crazy detailing jobs, but nice enough to offer to someone. Tires (tubes) are still holding air, though they need to be replaced.

View attachment 1439911

View attachment 1439912

View attachment 1439913

View attachment 1439914

View attachment 1439915

View attachment 1439916

View attachment 1439917

View attachment 1439918

View attachment 1439919

View attachment 1439920
That’s a beautiful bike you have there mate and a brand that’s not so well known. Tange cromo tubing = awesome ride. Here’s my restored and upgraded Shogun trailbreaker 3. Bought it new in 89, stupidly sold it in 99 and got it back in terrible condition about 10 years ago. Pretty much a road bike frame with fat tyres. Fast bike in its time with smooth rolling tires and lightweight tig welded cromo frame. I think this was the first year Shogun moved production to Taiwan. Not as nice a frame as yours but strong stuff.

274E6F15-C997-4759-BB0E-7866919BCB19.jpeg

That’s a beautiful bike you have there mate and a brand that’s not so well known. Tange cromo tubing = awesome ride. Here’s my restored and upgraded Shogun trailbreaker 3. Bought it new in 89, stupidly sold it in 99 and got it back in terrible condition about 10 years ago. Pretty much a road bike frame with fat tyres. Fast bike in its time with smooth rolling tires and lightweight tig welded cromo frame. I think this was the first year Shogun moved production to Taiwan. Not as nice a frame as yours but strong stuff.
View attachment 1440067

View attachment 1440070

View attachment 1440069

Beautiful rescue, @ozzie ! Hard to believe it's the same bike. This is why I take so many "Before" photos, because sometimes you just can't remember how bad it was!

Back