When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980's Specialized Sequoia For Sale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

anon408

On Training Wheels
Not sure the exact year. S/N 3MJ00127

Parts are a mix of stuff I had on hand [no pretense that this is a NOS original bike].

New Nitto Seat-post, Stem [8cm] and handlebar [42 cm]. Shimano brake levers working new Tektro R539 brakes. All new cables and housing.

Suntour clamp-on Asymmetric DT shifters, working a Shimano FD-Z204 front derailleur and a HD-L512 rear derailleur; both in clean, nice working order. New cables and housing [rear].

Sugino 48/34 crankset, 172.5 arm length; Shimano BB. 11-34 cassette, 9-speed, new. SRAM chain.

Shimano R500 wheel set, new from REI. Specialized Armadillo 700x32 tires with about 50 miles of use.

New Chris King Head-set

Sakae SP-100AL pedals with cages and straps.

Jim Blackburn front low-rider rack, same rear rack, original rear bag [signed by the quality control seamstress]. Cat-Eye reflector.

FIZIK Gobi saddle....narrow and looks like a prostate hazard. for fit and test rides, mostly.

Frame sizes:
Seat-tube C-C 54
Top-tube C-C 53

The reach from the nose of the saddle to the rear of the handlebars is 47cm.

History: Frame purchased from Ebay about 4 years ago. It was the blue with the [seemingly entire frame] chrome under coat. I took it to Ed Litton Cycyles in Richmond, CA to make sure the frame was worth the time and $$ to build it up. He reported it to be straight and true, and he widened the rear spacing to 130. He then painted it. I applied repo water-slide vinyl stickers. There is some paint loss at the eyelets and a few chips - I found the paint to be a little more 'fragile' than what I'd hoped for and have gotten used to with powder-coating. In terms of it possibly being a Konno-built frame, I can't confirm that - I had it listed the the SF Bay Area Craig's List and there were two people who strongly suggested that it might be. If you want additional photos or measurements, let me know. It's very light and agile, but I am 'project-saturated' and need to move this bike to a new owner.

That said, $650.00. Firm. No offers/trades. Local pick-up only. I'm in the 94610 area of Oakland, close to Lake Merritt and the 580 freeway.

pMowvhVnSvaZOQF6Y4eDhQ.jpg

2drsnFb2SE6bEr68J4xoyw.jpg

u6Kf3OpHQ1mKU98VJo4ing.jpg

iMTXChS6S8S1do6Sw+dj7Q.jpg

CkvhB6XmT1iwrUlTj1IESw.jpg

lvZbVPIyQSOvG+S0ywdjAg.jpg

XA9ubi55ReaF1miBIMseVg.jpg

5G0aMM1OTCuD01c2SKsrCg.jpg

8eCah2R6RNKstp04gbWXVg.jpg

fullsizeoutput_483.jpeg

Back