When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1981/82 Peugeot 3 speed w/Simplex Derailleur on FBM

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jimbo53

I live for the CABE
Recently listed on Facebook Marketplace is this nice Peugeot 3 speed Simplex derailleur city bike. Looks to be a model PE41 from my limited research. Nice aluminum(?) fenders, braze on bottle generator mount, straight rack, looks to all be there and in good shape. Wish they took a shot from the drive side. I know, from a collector point of view, these have very little value, but there is something in me that would love to have this sweet ride in my stable. Like they say, find another!

175592989_124569629716732_3008910196948484177_n.jpg

Last edited:
The French 3-speeds are a little different in style and equipment from the English usually. Peugeot was a high-volume maker and they made bikes ranging from very basic (heavy stuff with economy parts) to very high-performance. What is the wheel size? They look like 700c or 650a or b maybe? It's hard to tell from the picture, but any of those are better than 27 x 1-1/4 for an upright and equipped utility bike. If it fits and passes inspection, it's a perfectly workable bike. Replacement parts for some items will be hard to find, but if nothing is broken, it seems reasonable to me.

The French 3-speeds are a little different in style and equipment from the English usually. Peugeot was a high-volume maker and they made bikes ranging from very basic (heavy stuff with economy parts) to very high-performance. What is the wheel size? They look like 700c or 650a or b maybe? It's hard to tell from the picture, but any of those are better than 27 x 1-1/4 for an upright and equipped utility bike. If it fits and passes inspection, it's a perfectly workable bike. Replacement parts for some items will be hard to find, but if nothing is broken, it seems reasonable to me.
Pretty sure they’re 700c. Seller asking $175 but pretty sure he won’t get any nibbles at that price since it’s such an odd ball.

I have never looked for one but must admit, first three speed derailleur I have ever seen.
Many of the very first derailleur systems from the 1920s/30s were three, or sometimes even just two speeds.
Quite unusual that Peugeot were still offering a 3-speed at this relatively late date.

Back