When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1981 Raleigh DL-1

-

slowride

Finally riding a big boys bike
1981 Raleigh Tourist DL-1

Less common 22 inch frame (31" standover height) with full chain case so your trousers don't get soiled !

Original polished alloy frame pump and well worn but functional Brooks B66 leather saddle.

Bike has been fully disassembled, washing and waxing of painted surfaces, polishing of chrome parts, replacing and greasing all bearings (headset, bottom bracket, front & rear wheel hubs). New old stock pedals. Paint touched up in spots.

AW hub has been fully disassembled , all parts cleaned, reasssembled and adjusted.

Shifts quickly and smoothly.

Bike rides very well and is very hushed with drivetrain noise contained in chain case and all bearings serviced. I love the bike but realistically a bit too big for me.

Approximately 50 miles riden since full teardown.

Prefer not to ship but open. Bike in Detroit, MI

IMG_1415[1].JPG

IMG_1417[1].JPG

IMG_1422[1].JPG

IMG_1423[1].JPG

IMG_1418[1].JPG

IMG_1445[1].JPG

IMG_1428[1].JPG

IMG_1438[1].JPG

Last edited:
1981 Raleigh Tourist DL-1

Price: $550 now $430

Less common 22 inch frame (31" standover height) with full chain case so your trousers don't get soiled !

Original polished alloy frame pump and well worn but functional Brooks B66 leather saddle.

Bike has been fully disassembled, washing and waxing of painted surfaces, polishing of chrome parts, replacing and greasing all bearings (headset, bottom bracket, front & rear wheel hubs). New old stock pedals. Paint touched up in spots.

AW hub has been fully disassembled , all parts cleaned, reasssembled and adjusted.

Shifts quickly and smoothly.

Bike rides very well and is very hushed with drivetrain noise contained in chain case and all bearings serviced. I love the bike but realistically a bit too big for me.

Approximately 50 miles riden since full teardown.

Prefer not to ship but open. Bike in Detroit, MI

View attachment 879699

View attachment 879705

View attachment 879707

View attachment 879710

View attachment 879715
View attachment 879740

View attachment 879726

View attachment 879732
Is this bicycle still for sale?

Back