When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1981 Schwinn 5 speed Cruiser, time capsule nearly NOS bike --- F/S

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
Zipcode

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was back in Chicago a year ago during peak Covid doing stupid stuff (travelling) doing stupid
stuff (going to swap meets interacting with crowds) etc etc. A friend of mine back in Chicago acquired
this bike from a local old time Schwinn shop dealer. The dealer had outfitted the bike a long time
ago when the bike was new with rechromed original Phantom Fenders,
a chrome plated Phantom chainguard, a nicely chromed original Phantom
tank and an original 4 hole Schwinn carrier with an original NOS Delta Phantom taillight on board. Basically looked like a
Phantom. I removed all the Phantom parts, luckily he kept the original Cruiser guard (Mint!)...
and rebuilt the bike back to a Cruiser 5. Thanks to Brian on here I obtained an NOS correct Dia Compe
rear Brake Caliper which had been MIA due to the Phantom 4 hole carrier in place.
Bike was supposedly on display since new at the shop and never ridden... Looking it over it could
very well pass for NOS aside from minor age patina and some paint chips, most noticeable ones
near the head tube where the tank clamped in. There is also a couple of chips on the seat post
on one side that are evident ...and very minor chips elsewhere, such as rear fender mount holes,
and caliper arch on the rear frame where the 4 hole was clamped. I only focused on the areas where the chips
were most evident...most of the bike is perfect and glossy black. Paint is like new aside from
the very minor details mentioned. Schwinn Studded Balloon Tires look to have no wear.
As close to an NOS Balloon tire Schwinn Cruiser as you will find. End of the quality coming
out of the factory and unique with the gold badge and gold decals. If I didn't have an exact
duplicate of this bike I would keep it, it's too clean for me and I would only F it up over time.
1200.00 Firm, non negotiable other than possible partial trades on 30s-50s balloon Schwinn stuff...
These bikes are bound to go way up in value in the years to come, people are finally realizing
what they are. I am not positive if the fork came stock on this one? but it appears to be an
NOS looking (like the bike) correct Schwinn springer. The front expander drum brake was added by the Schwinn
shop owner and being that I didn't have a correct ACS? high flange front hub to swap it out...I
left it as is, cool addition regardless.

[email protected]
or PM here

Back