When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1981 Schwinn Cruiser 5

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Price
$375.
Zipcode

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
1981 Cruiser 5 rescued from 30 years on a back patio under a tarp. recently disassembled and cleaned up. original Schwinn Studded Balloon tires have cracks in the whitewalls but are structurally sound. Schwinn shifter is from a 5 speed lightweight and I believe the derailleur is from something else as well. original paint has a good shine but also a good amount of scratches. took it on a 5-10 mile ride a few weekends ago and everything functions as it should.

local pickup only in Fremont Ca. price is $400.00, though a vintage trade is always a possibility.

Last edited:

@GTs58

why do you want to see that? my phone needs charged to take a picture.
Someone has mentioned that they have a French freewheel on the 1981 cruiser five. I’ve had three 5 speed cruisers and don’t remember what brand freewheel was on them. But I don’t think I had one that was French.

Someone has mentioned that they have a French freewheel on the 1981 cruiser five. I’ve had three 5 speed cruisers and don’t remember what brand freewheel was on them. But I don’t think I had one that was French.
I can't see what it says, but my spare Atom Drum wheel says Shimano on the freewheel.

I can't see what it says, but my spare Atom Drum wheel says Shimano on the freewheel.
That's what I think is correct. Here is the one that is on someone' Cruiser 5 and he was told it's correct. But with Schwinn during this time, anything is possible.

1660417836707.png

I had one with caliper brakes and French hubs.

The last few models that were made in the US were some light weights made in the Greenville plant. That ended in 91 I believe

Reactions: Dra
Back