When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1981 Schwinn Tornado

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

DogBreath

On Training Wheels
Recently took our Schwinn Tornado down from the shop rafters where it had been for 25 years. It cleaned up pretty well. A local bike shop owner said it’s in “good condition “. As best as I can tell, using catalog pictures, it is nearly complete with original equipment including tires. The only thing missing is the rear reflector, but the bracket is there. A search using the serial number indicates it was manufactured in October 1981 in Chicago. It has 15 inch tires and a standard seat, as opposed to the banana seat.

We want to sell it, but we have no idea what it’s worth. We’ve searched Ebay but located no comparable. Any help in establishing a value or locating a source of valuation would be greatly appreciated.

DB

Post a picture of the bike. No Schwinn ever had 15 inch tires that I know of. It is worth what it would sell for on E-Bay and maybe 75% of that locally. The tire size should be printed on the tire itself. Something like 20 x 1 3/4. Pictures you will get you an answer. Roge

Does the bottom picture match your bike? The Tornado rims may have a 16" diameter but that would be a 20" bike. The little kids Pixie was a 16" wheeled bike.

1981_39.jpg

Post a picture of the bike. No Schwinn ever had 15 inch tires that I know of. It is worth what it would sell for on E-Bay and maybe 75% of that locally. The tire size should be printed on the tire itself. Something like 20 x 1 3/4. Pictures you will get you an answer. Roge

Boy do I feel stupid, should always verify. The tire size is 20 x 1 3/4 to Fit. Other info, 5-7 Schwinn Tubular rim, keep inflated to 45 lbs and made in USA.

084CD462-3CE0-4A21-B3EC-A68001EF4129.jpeg

Back