When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 GT BMX Santa Anna California

-

jkent

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I picked up a 1982 GT BMX Santa Ana California Nora Cup.
I don't know that much about BMX bikes but this one was just too clean to pass up.
I hope someone here can shed some light on it for me.
It looks to me like it has a mix of parts on it. Dia Compe rear brakes, Sun Tour Stem, Sun Tour 4 piece Crank, Oakley F1 Grips, SkyWay Pedals, UNI Seat, Mongoose Seat clamp, Yellow Cometition III Tires, A.C.S.-Z Yellow composite wheels, Suze Hubs, D.I.D Chain,

Is this the way this bike came? What is Right / Wrong?
Any value as far as collectability?
Very Very Clean.
BMX 014.jpg
BMX 015.jpg
BMX 016.jpg
BMX 017.jpg
BMX 018.jpg
BMX 019.jpg
BMX 020.jpg
BMX 021.jpg
BMX 022.jpg
BMX 023.jpg

I think the bike is an 83 but the serial number will tell you the model and year for certain. When it comes to old school BMX custom built bikes like yours have just as much value and many times more value than a factory built bike. All the parts on your bike while not the top of the line of the time are still very nice, super clean and period correct for the frame set...probably built to race but kid got bored quick. Front tire and those pedals are sort after parts if you went that route but as a whole you should have no problem pulling $500 plus off of ebay or on the BMX Museum. Great find and a great example of the kind of bike a person of my age would have lusted for as a child.

-Brian

I think the bike is an 83 but the serial number will tell you the model and year for certain. When it comes to old school BMX custom built bikes like yours have just as much value and many times more value than a factory built bike. All the parts on your bike while not the top of the line of the time are still very nice, super clean and period correct for the frame set...probably built to race but kid got bored quick. Front tire and those pedals are sort after parts if you went that route but as a whole you should have no problem pulling $500 plus off of ebay or on the BMX Museum. Great find and a great example of the kind of bike a person of my age would have lusted for as a child.

-Brian

Did you race Bri? I had a Gt Mach One I raced but I could never afford the pro series. Looking at this bike definitely transports me to my unfulfilled desires as a kid,

-Brian

I agree!

Back