When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982? Jamis Earth Cruiser 5 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Just got this in yesterday from central Illinois. I’ve always loved the decals on these and they hardly come up for sale, especially in the Midwest.

It’s complete but I already stripped off the deflectors, chain guard, etc for safe keeping. It’s surprisingly heavy so disassembling is helping me pinpoint what will be priority for upgrading. The idea is to build a single speed klunker/strandie with it.

808EF63F-4AB4-4E60-99F3-257679F8AD8F.jpeg

7EF57647-A6B3-4022-821E-06CEA60B0133.jpeg

C80AC4DA-87EF-42CF-BB08-7A11A954B911.jpeg

BAF7B740-8285-4C5D-AB19-297AAF851B91.jpeg

Neat bike! I feel your pain in the weight issue. It's really hard to build up a light (ish) Cruiser. Those Messenger style saddles weigh are ton but they sure are fun to bounce around on and look cool too.

Haha, yep. They do look neat and a nice alternative to the Brooks that EVERYONE and their brother run on strandies/klunkers/cruisers. But yeah, the sucker's like 8 lbs, no joke!

If I can bust the drum brake shell free from the hub I will run it. It's actually a lightweight aluminum brake and it's pretty neat. A free/free rear hub made by Surly should allow me to run the brake, a modern freewheel and have the proper rear spacing and chainline so that's my plan for now.

Modern tubeless rims & tires in either 26 inch or 650B will do wonders for these old cruiser bikes- The overall weight and how they ride. Ditch those steel bead tires & tubes!

A little more progress, sourced some new parts, sold some stock parts and cleaned bearings, took apart the rear wheel to reuse the rim.

The frame spacing is around 130mm now, the Surly hub is 135mm and the solid axle will add more. Will likely be a tight, tight squeeze. Maybe the local shop can stretch it out safely...

Not that I’m not excited about this project but another just came into the pipeline today so I'll be a busy guy this winter!

8FD17F57-FAB4-43E9-A353-08B0156328BC.jpeg

E3B0772B-4B0A-44C0-8DB3-A64AAE22B069.jpeg

C85F5F71-2875-440E-B886-F9F69D94C641.jpeg

Last edited:
Back