When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Puch Austro-Dailmer SLE...my first Austrian bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Huret parts drawing, Duopar, Eco, Challenger II  .jpg

---

the Duopar is one of those items of cycling equipment about which no one who has experience of it is indifferent

cyclists tend to have a love or hate relationship with the mech

after you have worked with yours for a bit you may adhere to one view or the other... ;)

-----

Last edited:
Thanks again @juvela Roger!!!!! Time to look through the stash of derailleurs to see what I came pick parts from. :p

Nice find. I remember a bike shop in my home town as a kid had an Ultima model on the floor that never sold as it was the 1970’s and the bike was the most expensive machine on the floor by far, nonetheless many of us young riders drooled over for hours.

Last edited:
Thanks again @juvela Roger!!!!! Time to look through the stash of derailleurs to see what I came pick parts from. :p

-----

should small parts be needed for Duopar one possible source might be Mel Pinto (MPI) in Virginia

this blog post discusses the Huret rear mechs of this generation -

https://restoringvintagebicycles.com/2017/08/11/huret-rear-derailleurs/

frame's BOCAMA lug set is pattern Professional with cutout Nr. R1

the bottom bracket shell is also a BOCAMA item; here is a bit better view on a 1979 Gazelle Champion Mondial -

BOCAMA shell, 1979 Gazelle Champion Mondial  .jpg

-----

Last edited:
Turns out that the rear derailleur is actually bent. Inner "plate", which was laying against one of the gears, took the hit but gave the unit a slight twist. I'm going to surmise that while riding, the oft mentioned screw loosened and fell off. As then rider kept riding, the "plate" worked its way up till he or she could no longer spin the chain.

The bike doesn't appear to have many miles on it just looking at overall condition and wear on the brake pads. Scratches, though few, might have been put on from the guy I bought it from doing man handling it.
Paint is beautiful as I'm working on it as are the chrome and alloy components. No rust for a bike that was originally covered in dust when I first saw photos. The tire are actually crumbling in spots, showing the duration of time that the bike spent sitting.

For now, I'll place a different rear derailleur on it that I have.

Again, frame is to small for me, but I just love the color and decals! :)

-----

emoygencie reparazione o' a stoyne mech -

Huret Deuopar Eco  .jpg

rear derailleur emergency repair  .jpg .jpg

---

A Peyrard nr. 417 shalt yet be required -

NERVAR 1006 parts draweing  .jpg .jpg

As an interim measure one canst be abducted from a certain Follis cycle...

-----

@juvela Early Caveman deraillur fix, lol. And thank you for the Nervar schematic.

Ahhh, and yes, I still have that Follis...but it's Campagnolo derailleurs.

And if there was any doubt as to the authenticity of the tires being original...
IMG_7156.jpg

@juvela Crank on my Follis and this one are slightly different.

Double bolts on the Daimler with room for a third ring. Single row of bolts on the Follis.

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 4.04.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-07 at 4.05.57 PM.png

Back