When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Raleigh Grand Prix

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Upchuck79

Finally riding a big boys bike
Found this resting in the rafters of a shed. Gonna tune it and take it for a ride; Any Raleigh experts can opine on my find? Thanks in advance

IMG_4420.jpg

IMG_4421.jpg

IMG_4422.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4419 (1).jpg

I am certainly not a Raleigh expert, but familiar with the Grand Prix. It was in those days a fairly basic but popular drop bar model. They were made in various places all over the world for different markets. The first digit of the serial number will tell you where this one came from (decoding ring courtesy of Kurt Kaminer:(

N=Nottingham
W=Worksop (1967-1980), Nottingham after 1981
E=Enid (USA)
G=Gazelle
M=Malaysia
R=Canada
D=Ireland
H=Handsworth (U.K.)
S=Unknown, but in existence
B=Unknown, but reported

I have a Grand Prix and I like it. A sturdy, good-looking, well-made, no-nonsense machine. Good quality lightweight tires and a comfy saddle made it a very nice ride.

Pictured while refinishing it:

1k0.jpg

Thank you for the information and feedback. Was debating whether to keep the Grand Prix ? sell? or trade? What do you think it is worth? Serial # 2LN099

Ah! That serial # suggests it is not a Raleigh UK-designed Grand Prix like mine, but an eighties American market model from Raleigh USA. I am not familiar with those, alas.

Back