When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Schwinn board tracker !

-

Elnutty

Look Ma, No Hands!
My names elnutty and I'm new here , been into bikes for a long time ! I started this build about 4 years ago with a 1982 Schwinn cruiser I bought at a garage sale and a Schwinn breeze that had a messed up frame ! I used the top and bottom bar from the breeze to make a straight bar frame out of the 82 ! I made a tank for it a few years ago then it sat until last week ! I got a mid 40's ladies Schwinn that had been poorly restored but had some nice parts and this is the out come !!
image.jpeg

Really wish I would of done the frame like this but decided to cut out the top tube too

image.jpeg

How it sat for a while !

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My names elnutty and I'm new here , been into bikes for a long time ! I started this build about 4 years ago with a 1982 Schwinn cruiser I bought at a garage sale and a Schwinn breeze that had a messed up frame ! I used the top and bottom bar from the breeze to make a straight bar frame out of the 82 ! I made a tank for it a few years ago then it sat until last week ! I got a mid 40's ladies Schwinn that had been poorly restored but had some nice parts and this is the out come !!
View attachment 416319

Really wish I would of done the frame like this but decided to cut out the top tube too

View attachment 416320

How it sat for a while !

View attachment 416354

View attachment 416326

View attachment 416357

View attachment 416355

Looking good.
I think it looked more board tracker-ish with the first set of bars flipped over and no fenders. But that's just me.
Great new life into a set of tired bikes!

Looking good.
I think it looked more board tracker-ish with the first set of bars flipped over and no fenders. But that's just me.
Great new life into a set of tired bikes!
I agree I just threw it together a few days ago with parts off of that ladies Schwinn ! I'm also about to start remaking the tank for it and I have some bobbed fenders I was going to run !

Really cool!
I can't quite figure out where the pieces of tube you added came from...I like the way you dropped the seat stays down and lined them up with your straight bar !!
You should post this on Rat Rod bikes too. It's the place for these kind of builds!

Really cool!
I can't quite figure out where the pieces of tube you added came from...I like the way you dropped the seat stays down and lined them up with your straight bar !!
You should post this on Rat Rod bikes too. It's the place for these kind of builds!
Thanks !! The top bar is the top bar from a Schwinn breeze flipped and other other one is the the straight lower bar off of the same breeze !!

Back