When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Schwinn Cruiser with tubular forks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
AR, Jan 80 Deluxe with standard fender bridge, my CR, March 80 Deluxe had the brake bridge, have had a couple of early 80 with standard bridge so took them a while to drop it.
1663714918888.png

I have really taken a liking to these Schwinn Cruisers in the past six months or so. I still flip everything I buy, however, I don't mind hanging onto these a little longer. They just ride so darn nice.

AR, Jan 80 Deluxe with standard fender bridge, my CR, March 80 Deluxe had the brake bridge, have had a couple of early 80 with standard bridge so took them a while to drop it.View attachment 1698905

Any idea if the frames are wider like a balloon? I know the brake bridge on a cruiser is wider then the bridge on a middleweight, the frame is wider.

Any idea if the frames are wider like a balloon? I know the brake bridge on a cruiser is wider then the bridge on a middleweight, the frame is wider.
Have you ever come across a paper clip attached to the fender tab that's on the kickstand tube? And painted when the frame was painted?

Have you ever come across a paper clip attached to the fender tab that's on the kickstand tube? And painted when the frame was painted?

I've seen pictures of them on here but never owned one. I've only owned a handful of Cruisers, and no Cruiser 5's. Make that real Schwinn Cruisers but also had a couple China and Taiwan

I always took it for granted that after they discontinued the Wasp ( last S2 frame ) all frames were middleweights, some may vary over yrs/models but none are true heavyweight 2.125/S2 frames, never really looked a the bridge on 5 speeds but know they are wider at the dropouts.

Back