When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1982 Schwinn Cruiser with tubular forks

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Crappy pics but, 67 CT, 62 Wasp, 82 Cruiser and a 74 HD. (2 Balloon, a cruiser and a mw).
The cruiser seat stays are as wide as a balloon the same distance from the seat post. The brake bridge is closer to the seat post on the cruiser. Cruiser doesn't have "X" stamped chainstays, also the kickstand mount appears to be 1/4 back on the cruiser.

View attachment 1687645View attachment 1687657

View attachment 1687656

I always took it for granted that after they discontinued the Wasp ( last S2 frame ) all frames were middleweights, some may vary over yrs/models but none are true heavyweight 2.125/S2 frames, never really looked a the bridge on 5 speeds but know they are wider at the dropouts.

The Cruisers had S-2's. And crappy pictures from another thread but you can kind of see it in the last pic but that's a black 82 Cruiser against a 74 HD its wider. I'll have to get a better pic and measurement.

Schwinn wasn't playing with a full deck at that time. 🤣
Schwinn jumped on the beach cruiser/Klunker bandwagon with the California Cruiser/Spitfire and there was no reason to go back to the earlier heavy weight frame sense they were not running fenders with those S2's, beat everyone else just like the StingRay, probably one of the last good decisions they made!

I still say they weren't playing with a full deck. I've seen some literature from that time and wondered WTF, nobody knows nothing anymore?

Somewhat similar to Pat's Schwinn site. He still has the 1953 catalog with the side list of lightweights and Middleweights!

Here is another head scratcher. Now who approved this printing? The office maids? 😂

If the bike has balloon tires, it's not a middleweight. The width of the frame is irrelevant.

1663738375282.png

82 Cruiser about 2-11/16, 74 HD about 2-3/8. The kickstand mount is about a 1/4 back on the Cruiser too. Also no "X" stamp on the chain stays of the Cruiser.

Last edited:
Back