When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 Cruiser my way

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Truckerjosh

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Wheels and seat stay are off of my old typhoon that got wrecked. Not sure brand of handle bars and seat is chinese something that came on it.
Forks are original, first year without blade style and last year in Chicago.

Found a bike shop that had the correct banana seat sissy bar and a yellow chain to match my 2 speed kickback hub.

Gonna cruise her down the Las Vegas blvd.....on a side note she sure hates hills with that banana seat or maybe that's just me.

20200328_165046.jpg

I like them too, look a lot stronger than the blades. The only problem is that my fenders from the Typhoon don't fit because they are too bulky.

Yes I do, as well as the original chain guard and seat. But I'm going to save them so that I can sell the bike as an original Cruiser 5 when I decide it's time to sell the entire bike. My question is - in which form is it worth more? As you see it pictured or as original. I'll keep an eye out for you. (If you have any desire to put a fender on the front, keep in mind that it's very difficult to form braces to work.)

Got this 86 from the original owner. Said it came with the fenders (I'm assuming dealer installed). Don't know what brand they are but they seem to fit ok. The front has dimples in it to clear a caliper.

I put balloon fenders on my 84 Cruiser 5.

View attachment 1164535

My '95 has peaked fenders I rescued from a pile of 6-8 in semi-rusted condition and painted,. striped with the chevrons and stripes, 60s Schwinn script in dark green and did the tank in a similar fashion. Call it RAT but it was what I could do at the time.

(All my pix are on the PC in the next room)

Wheels and seat stay are off of my old typhoon that got wrecked. Not sure brand of handle bars and seat is chinese something that came on it.
Forks are original, first year without blade style and last year in Chicago.

Found a bike shop that had the correct banana seat sissy bar and a yellow chain to match my 2 speed kickback hub.

Gonna cruise her down the Las Vegas blvd.....on a side note she sure hates hills with that banana seat or maybe that's just me.

View attachment 1163578

Your sitting area is too low and far back. Get a taller bar and seat post and you will have more power in your stroke IMO.

Back