When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 Ross Mt Hood

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

hzqw2l

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Local find. All original down to the tires.
Will clean up like new.

Dear lord that is a sweet bit of British history. How much did you pay for it so I can be all "dang mate!"?

1983 was the first year for Ross to offer a true mountain bike. (The 1982 catalog lists only the Diamond Cruiser which was pretty much just a beach cruiser with 10 speeds and a once piece crank.

I remember all the models were named after Pac NW mountains, Mt. Hood, Mt. Washington, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St Helens, and Mt. Whitney were the models.
The bikes were built in Allentown, PA.
This was likely the peak era for Ross bikes as they were also offering the Signature series line of road bikes around that same time, but sadly but the end of the decade, they'd be gone, succumbed to the all the cheap import brands and for a while reduced to a cheap department store line of bikes under the Rand label.
Ross made some decent bikes back then, from 1983 through about 1987 they were selling a ton of bikes, most all with good reviews.

I have one of these really nice bike do you know the order of the models which was the high end ?

View attachment 1602148
There were 6 models in 83. The mt hood is basically the same bike as the 1982 Force 1.

The Ross Force 1 was essentially one of the first production mountain bikes. Made in USA frame and forks by Ross.

I'd think it was fairly high end for the times. In the 300 to 400 range.

My Ross. Serial number and Mombat helped id year and model. 1985 chrome Mt Ross. 19" frame. Rear dropouts have adjustment screws.

Back