When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1983 Schwinn Super Sport Specs Pedals/Ariake Saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

eyefrommn

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello Cabers. I am enclosing a bad before picture of a 95% original black/gold 1983 Super Sport that I am preserving to stock condition. I'm almost finished, save for finding an Ariake Aero saddle and the correct pedals/clips/straps, which I am unsure of. This was the first year of "competition" geometry after decades of being a sport-touring geometry. Because 1983 was such a transitional year for Schwinn, there doesn't seem to be inclusive specs put in the catalog and I am unsure where they may have offered that information. Perhaps in a dealer mailing. So, at the very least I was interested in pedal/clip/strap spec if anyone knows. Thanks!

I have the 1983 lightweight spec page.... If it’s just an SS, it was supposed to have the “KKT Top Run” pedals. If it’s the SP model, then it was to have the “MKS Esquartz” pedals. BUT, Schwinn is notorious for swapping components if something isn't available at the time the frame was built up. Thus, it could have pedals from the previous year or comparable model. For 1982, the SS had the “KKT Pro Vic” pedals, and the SP had the “KKT Pro Ace” pedals. In 1984, there was only one SS model and it had “KKT Pro Vic II” pedals (which were also on the 83 Voyageurs).

As for the saddle, the SS had the Ariake Aero 80-CDX smooth cover saddle. The SS-SP model had the Ariake Aero 80-ADX smooth leather cover saddle.

Back