1984 schwinn paramount

This ad disappears when logged in

fxo550

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Nov 5, 2011
Deltona, United States
I be selling this one soon,but i want to know why is stamped cinelli under the crank.This is a one owner bike with less than 100 miles on it and the owner told me the seat came with the bike of the bike shop.Also this was factory made for him,he was a bike racer.
1-cinelli under the crank?
2-original seat?
3-original brake handles?

*sold*

Attachments

Last edited:

bikecrazy

I live for the CABE
Dec 8, 2011
Mentor, United States
I doubt the bike came from the factory with a Vetta seat. The levers are side pull and may have been changed as well. The Cinelli bottom bracket is a bit of a suprise but they are good ones and who knows weather it was the frame builders or buyers decision.

bikecrazy

I live for the CABE
Dec 8, 2011
Mentor, United States
.......................BTW love the bike. The Campy super record gruppo was the state of the art in 1984. That bike was built to go!

GTs58

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
I doubt the bike came from the factory with a Vetta seat. The levers are side pull and may have been changed as well. The Cinelli bottom bracket is a bit of a suprise but they are good ones and who knows weather it was the frame builders or buyers decision.
There are no build specs posted for the Paramount that I can find but the catalog pic sure looks like the 84 Paramount has side pull brakes. The Paramount was still built to the customers order during this time.

rhenning

I live for the CABE
May 9, 2010
Sharon wi United States
If you call Waterford Precision Cycle they can give you a pedigree for that bike as that is where it was made. They do charge a price for this service. You will probably get to talk to Richard Schwinn or his wife about it. Roger

olderthandirt

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 15, 2012
pilot mt n.c.
cinelli was most likely an extra cost item specced out by whoever had the bike built i had a mclean built in the seventies and specced this same cast investment bottom bracket shell on my build also picked out the lugs ,oval rear stays,15sp spacing cable loops, campy fork ends and rear drop outs ,the reinforcements on the insides of the fork blades and the cutouts the type of tubing all reynolds 531 ,Campagnolo Super Record Headset had it color matched painted Mexico blue to match my Porsche that i drove and stuff i can not even remember ,you can order most anything from most custom bike builders even Schwinn Paramount back in the day that you were willing to pay extra for ,kinda like ordering a new Lear Jet $$$$$$$ talks

olderthandirt

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jun 15, 2012
pilot mt n.c.
pump peg option

i see this bike has the extra cost pump peg most likely had a color painted to match silva pump with a cast Campagnolo pump head with the blue tips when delivered i know i opted for this option myself on the mclean one of those things i forgot ,looks like someone spent some time ordering this bike for touring or at least being prepared for a flat tire ,smart fellow

fxo550

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Nov 5, 2011
Deltona, United States
i see this bike has the extra cost pump peg most likely had a color painted to match silva pump with a cast Campagnolo pump head with the blue tips when delivered i know i opted for this option myself on the mclean one of those things i forgot ,looks like someone spent some time ordering this bike for touring or at least being prepared for a flat tire ,smart fellow
yeap this is a nice bike.

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
downtown Bulverde, Texas
If I were moderator, I would take the approach that all opinions about the topic are fine, but posting negative opinion about somebody else's opinion is out of line. At the very least, it's rude.

Last edited:

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
downtown Bulverde, Texas
then state your opinion or give the post you believe to be correct a thumbs up, as far as incorrect statements, this is the internet

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture