When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1984 schwinn paramount

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
cinelli was most likely an extra cost item specced out by whoever had the bike built i had a mclean built in the seventies and specced this same cast investment bottom bracket shell on my build also picked out the lugs ,oval rear stays,15sp spacing cable loops, campy fork ends and rear drop outs ,the reinforcements on the insides of the fork blades and the cutouts the type of tubing all reynolds 531 ,Campagnolo Super Record Headset had it color matched painted Mexico blue to match my Porsche that i drove and stuff i can not even remember ,you can order most anything from most custom bike builders even Schwinn Paramount back in the day that you were willing to pay extra for ,kinda like ordering a new Lear Jet $$$$$$$ talks

pump peg option

i see this bike has the extra cost pump peg most likely had a color painted to match silva pump with a cast Campagnolo pump head with the blue tips when delivered i know i opted for this option myself on the mclean one of those things i forgot ,looks like someone spent some time ordering this bike for touring or at least being prepared for a flat tire ,smart fellow

i see this bike has the extra cost pump peg most likely had a color painted to match silva pump with a cast Campagnolo pump head with the blue tips when delivered i know i opted for this option myself on the mclean one of those things i forgot ,looks like someone spent some time ordering this bike for touring or at least being prepared for a flat tire ,smart fellow

yeap this is a nice bike.

There are no build specs posted for the Paramount that I can find but the catalog pic sure looks like the 84 Paramount has side pull brakes. The Paramount was still built to the customers order during this time.
Bikecrazy's comments are totally wrong.

If I were moderator, I would take the approach that all opinions about the topic are fine, but posting negative opinion about somebody else's opinion is out of line. At the very least, it's rude.

Last edited:
then state your opinion or give the post you believe to be correct a thumbs up, as far as incorrect statements, this is the internet

Back