When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1984 Wander Vogel MTB, Bought in Okinawa

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kwoodyh

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I was always a BMX kid so when I joined the Army and was stationed in Okinawa (Torii Station) I went down to the ville to look for a new ride. Space is at a premium for retailers so the bike shop I went to didn't have an actual complete bike so they would have you sit on a fitting stand and then send that to the mainland for construction, it cost me an entire paycheck (PV1) but it's been a good investment as I still ride it now. Not sure it is a Mountain Bike in the true sense but it did have 18 speeds and a Kashimax saddle and Araya wheels.

IMG_1048.JPG

The original handle bars were fixed, no adjustment and got a little bent when my wife crashed it in California, the back wheel was also bent beyond repair so those are replacement and not near the quality of the original Arayas. I've looked for a replacement hoop (26" x 1.75" 36 hole) but haven't found a single in my price range yet. The thumb shifters and almost motorcycle size brake handles are packed away for a future date.

Back