When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1986 Cimarron

-
Now only missing a chain and straddle cables. A few photos...

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

I have it together now. I need to go over it to check that everything is right and then take it for a test ride. Everything is original spec except for the saddle, cables, crank bolts, and tires. I was able to trade parts-on-hand for the proper pedals and stem. All told, the bike cost me under $100 as shown. A shout out to Velo Orange, bikeforums members, my LBS, Testors model paint, and my late grandmother (for raising me to be frugal).
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG

It took a lot of time, but I was doing it for the C&V clunker challenge over at bikeforums. The rules were that the total cost must be under $100 and you had to ride it 100km when finished.

I spent $60 on the purchase, $35 and change on parts and value of what was on hand. I had good bones to start with, so I only needed to be frugal things that I bought.

Mine is a bit small for me, but with a longer seatpost it looks like a keeper

Very Nice, You did a super job. And under $100. Good luck with the C&V challenge.

Update on the Cimarron:

The bikeforums member mountaindave who sent me the stem, located the SunTour logo button in his parts stash and sent it to me.

Back