When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1986 Cimarron

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Now only missing a chain and straddle cables. A few photos...

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

I have it together now. I need to go over it to check that everything is right and then take it for a test ride. Everything is original spec except for the saddle, cables, crank bolts, and tires. I was able to trade parts-on-hand for the proper pedals and stem. All told, the bike cost me under $100 as shown. A shout out to Velo Orange, bikeforums members, my LBS, Testors model paint, and my late grandmother (for raising me to be frugal).
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG

It took a lot of time, but I was doing it for the C&V clunker challenge over at bikeforums. The rules were that the total cost must be under $100 and you had to ride it 100km when finished.

I spent $60 on the purchase, $35 and change on parts and value of what was on hand. I had good bones to start with, so I only needed to be frugal things that I bought.

Mine is a bit small for me, but with a longer seatpost it looks like a keeper

Very Nice, You did a super job. And under $100. Good luck with the C&V challenge.

Update on the Cimarron:

The bikeforums member mountaindave who sent me the stem, located the SunTour logo button in his parts stash and sent it to me.

Back