When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1986 Rocky Mountain Tantalus

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Warhorse

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I found this beauty in fairly rough shape, over the duration of having a couple rounds of repairs and subsequent repaint done I was able to gather most of what I needed to do a near catalogue build and basically get it to near exactly how I want it.

Geometry based on the Ritchey Timberwolf, the Tantalus model was originally built/developed by Paul Brodie at Rocky Mountain. This frame would have been built just after Paul left RM to found Brodie on his own.

Specialized cranks & headset, Deerhead m700 cantis, derailleurs, and shifters, Tommaselli levers, Suntour pedals & seatpost, bullseye hubs and alloy Nitto Bullmoose bars. Original decals and catalogue paint colour option.

I’ve included a photo of how I originally found it as well…
I hope you enjoy it, I sure do!

F2683F26-FE64-46C6-89B0-82E520833222.jpeg

9FB23E6D-1A73-4E6E-92F0-1D58C081FCE6.jpeg

E2552AB9-273F-4AA3-8805-FE77A2621806.jpeg

4E2B508C-057D-4739-B9E1-77BB2B77F015.jpeg

F3770AF6-0379-4FE6-A49C-1A1399A47283.jpeg

BA3EAAC5-D008-4842-9419-C269CC2D6E55.jpeg

2F5D3F25-4AFD-4F16-ADC4-B7D0F9B55A26.jpeg

Very nice. Did you reposition the rear brake to seat stay from chainstay or is it just a blur on before pic.

Very nice. Did you reposition the rear brake to seat stay from chainstay or is it just a blur on before pic.
When I received it the rear canti posts had been removed and chain stay u-brake posts had been brazed on… the original paint was missing from the two areas, and the downtube decal was all bubbled from the heat of adding the housing stop for the u-brake. The housing stop/cable guides on the top tube for the original brake had been left in place.

while the bike was having some dents and corrosion issues treated I had the brakes reset to their original configuration. I also added mid-blade eyelets on the fork. Only frame modifications.

Solid machine will be around for decades nice Work thanks for sharing , I’m a source for older MTB parts should you need anything , J.

Back