When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1986 shogun prarie breaker pro- vintage and cool

-

SKIDKINGSVBC

I live for the CABE
DSC08544.jpg
DSC08545.jpg
DSC08547.jpg
DSC08548.jpg
DSC08549.jpg
DSC08550.jpg

Here is my 1986 SHOGUN PRARIE BREAKER PRO which I have had since new.Bought in 1986 when the mountain bike craze was getting going .Raced for a couple of years ,rode the trails ,all before the bikes with shocks ....fun times ..Now I used as a terror of the streets ...ride with the T TOWN MOB RIDERS group rides which have an average 30 to 40 riders ... This bike is now a classic ..TANGE MTB CHROMOLY DOUBLE BUTTED TUBE ...SHIMANO NEW DEORE SIS GROUP... SHIMANO NEW DEORE U BRAKE ...TIOGA T BONE STEM AND BARS ...What a great classic mountain bike ....for more kicks I have the issue of MOUNTAIN BIKING - June /July 1987 vol.1 no. 4 which has the revue of this bike ..... RIDE ON!

GMAN
SKIDKINGS VBC
TACOMA,WN

DSC08544.jpg

DSC08545.jpg

DSC08547.jpg

DSC08548.jpg

DSC08549.jpg

DSC08550.jpg

Here is the the write up on the Shogun Prairie Breaker Pro in the Mountain Biking Magazine ,Volume 1,Issue 4 June /July 1987

img158.jpg

img159.jpg

img160.jpg

img161.jpg

img162.jpg

img163.jpg

img164.jpg

Triple Triangle frame design, like a G.T.
I will tell you this, that frame design is a real tight ,very responsive when digging through the trails..Awesome time when I was riding hard core...The only drawback was the rear brake , someone had a crazy idea to put it down by the bottom bracket, if riding in muddy trails ,the brake would clog up, which means that during a race had to stop and in clog it..

That is not the only bike to have the rear brakes on the bottom of the chain stays. It was a thing on the some 80 bikes. I have seem them on KHS, fisher and Bridgestone.
I will tell you this, that frame design is a real tight ,very responsive when digging through the trails..Awesome time when I was riding hard core...The only drawback was the rear brake , someone had a crazy idea to put it down by the bottom bracket, if riding in muddy trails ,the brake would clog up, which means that during a race had to stop and in clog it..
only

Back