1987 Black Gt Performer Value Question

• Please be aware: We have had several reports of members receiving private messages from newly registered members claiming that their friend has the part or bike they are looking for, and that they should email this person directly. This is a scam! If it looks even slightly suspicious, PLEASE REPORT this to us immediately so that we can investigate and if necessary, ban the member to prevent them from targeting other members. Thank you, CABE staff
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Brandon Hendrikx

On Training Wheels
Mar 20, 2016
Temecula, CA
Hi this was my bike growing up and is all original in good condition. Just needs a new chain. I was going to save it for my kids but now think I want to sell it. Any idea what I should ask for it? Thanks in advance.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Balloonoob

Eisele1

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 15, 2018
Fontana, CA
I just picked up the identical bike just missing crank and pedals. Did you ever figure out the value?

unregistered

Oct 24, 2018
Depends on location. Those pop up on the cl here from time to time. Got a $25 one in 2014, there were $200 ones that sat unsold this summer.

Eisele1

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 15, 2018
Fontana, CA
4 to 6 hundo
I have a chain if needed.
Awesome. The bike needs some love and I'm not sure but I think the brakes at least the front one. However I do have the chain just no sprocket/ crank/ pedals.....yet I think they are where I found the bike just buried. I found the rims in the same area but in a different pile.

Eisele1

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 15, 2018
Fontana, CA
Depends on location. Those pop up on the cl here from time to time. Got a $25 one in 2014, there were $200 ones that sat unsold this summer.
It's a California bike but, Yeah I don't think I'm gonna do much to it, as far as putting a bunch of money in it just to sell for less. However it's a 1987 and I'm seeing some crazy prices on that year performer out there so I need to do more research.

Reactions: unregistered

unregistered

Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, they’re cool bikes! I dig em. You’re right, CA should do a lot better than Iowa on these! Or better yet, EBay loves them!

undercover_poe

Finally riding a big boys bike
Jan 22, 2017
New haven, ct
That’s a desirable GT. 87 was a great year for these bikes. I prefer 85 but I love these too. People will pay up for that all original. As found is prefect. Just needs cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Eisele1

Look Ma, No Hands!
Dec 15, 2018
Fontana, CA
That’s a desirable GT. 87 was a great year for these bikes. I prefer 85 but I love these too. People will pay up for that all original. As found is prefect. Just needs cleaning.

Awesome! Good to know. Interested?

undercover_poe

Jan 22, 2017
New haven, ct
Awesome! Good to know. Interested?
I’m good but thanks. If you want top dollar sell it on BMX museum. The pro membership will cost you $20 but there are no selling fees. As opposed to some other listing sites. I’d keep it if it were me. Especially if it was YOUR childhood bike.

TonyACAS

On Training Wheels
Mar 21, 2019
Cleveland ohio
Hi this was my bike growing up and is all original in good condition. Just needs a new chain. I was going to save it for my kids but now think I want to sell it. Any idea what I should ask for it? Thanks in advance.

image.jpeg
Have you sold this yet?

dave429

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Oct 24, 2012
Wisconsin
The 87 Gt's were nice. Still have my 87 gt pft

Bikerider007

Apr 13, 2016
Az
The blue 87 is iconic and one of the coolest freestyle bikes of the 80's. Drillium style brake, seat clamp and of course the 4 holes on the ends. They are Taiwan and some Japan that year, but many bmx came from overseas.

If I could find these in complete or decent shape for $200 I'd buy them up.

Last edited:

JJ7575

On Training Wheels
Jun 26, 2020
Ghent ny
Hey guys picked this up couple of days ago 1987 gt pro performer tour bike lavender color factory flip down pegs in front factory 990s think rear pegs original bike all original except I think grips and chain everything else original the worth of these.....crazy part is I found in a junk pile....thanks for any more knowledge on bike

32FE6B40-22B8-4C3E-830B-37646E824208.jpeg

461A4068-A517-45B0-B335-EA5529ADFB08.jpeg

sworley

Apr 30, 2020
Ames, Iowa
:flushed::flushed::flushed::flushed: Times Iike these I wish our town had a dump! Do a completed auction search on eBay and you'll see you just found about $2,000 to $2,500 on your dump trip...

With the prevalence of FB Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay, etc. and the fact that like everyone has a smartphone these days why wouldn't someone do a quick check to see what they have or at least make a free post so a bike could end up in the hands of a needy kid?

Well, their idiocracy, your gain! Enjoy!

Reactions: JJ7575
This ad goes away when you register for an account!