When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987 Black Gt Performer Value Question

-

Brandon Hendrikx

On Training Wheels
Hi this was my bike growing up and is all original in good condition. Just needs a new chain. I was going to save it for my kids but now think I want to sell it. Any idea what I should ask for it? Thanks in advance.

image.jpeg

I just picked up the identical bike just missing crank and pedals. Did you ever figure out the value?

Depends on location. Those pop up on the cl here from time to time. Got a $25 one in 2014, there were $200 ones that sat unsold this summer.

4 to 6 hundo
I have a chain if needed.
Awesome. The bike needs some love and I'm not sure but I think the brakes at least the front one. However I do have the chain just no sprocket/ crank/ pedals.....yet I think they are where I found the bike just buried. I found the rims in the same area but in a different pile.

Depends on location. Those pop up on the cl here from time to time. Got a $25 one in 2014, there were $200 ones that sat unsold this summer.
It's a California bike but, Yeah I don't think I'm gonna do much to it, as far as putting a bunch of money in it just to sell for less. However it's a 1987 and I'm seeing some crazy prices on that year performer out there so I need to do more research.

Yeah, they’re cool bikes! I dig em. You’re right, CA should do a lot better than Iowa on these! Or better yet, EBay loves them!

That’s a desirable GT. 87 was a great year for these bikes. I prefer 85 but I love these too. People will pay up for that all original. As found is prefect. Just needs cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back