When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987 GT Pro Performer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Wrapped up today. Discovered the chainring is pretty bent and had to shim it out with a big ol washer. Kind of fun to cruise around on and look at it but not sure what else I’d do with it...

E1C073A4-2A77-46AA-A81C-98259394DDCB.jpeg

C87A634B-2494-4C82-812E-6DC7888FBB39.jpeg

947C0FEB-BFA4-4D65-9B08-5C55C803E9A2.jpeg

A little more progress. Bought a replacement chainring off BMXmuseum classifieds so that's fixed, although this one is steel vs my old one which was aluminum - probably 3x heavier! I may try my hand at attempting to straighten it.

I would still like to find a comparable replacement chain, this one is pretty crusty and not smooth running. Thinking another Evaporust bath for it is in line.

I also was able to source some correct 2nd generation GT fork standers off a guy in eastern Iowa via FB Marketplace. The bike did not have them when I got it and the outline on the fork from where they were mounted was giving me fits. Chrome is not correct for this bike so I'll Evaporust these, prime them and rattlecan white.

thumbnail_IMG_2115.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2116.jpg

Some more progress on this. I gave up trying to find some white/tan wall GT tires and went with some Japanese Panaracer tires instead for a nice, clean look. These will be my indoor "display" tires and I'll run the dirty tires if I ride the bike.

My fork standers came back from the restorer in El Paso last night. They were disassembled and fresh white powdercoat applied. I think the bike is finally done now.

thumbnail_IMG_2425.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2426.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2431 (1).jpg

I just love this bike. If I saw a real nice collection and could ride any of them and this was there I would have a hard time passing this one up. Cruisers are for showing off, cruising around on, passionately discussing with total strangers. This bike makes me want to try jumps too big for me, try stoppies and see how far I can wheelie, or setup a wooden jump and see how many of my friends i can clear, or tie a life vest to the handlebars and jump it into a lake, or take it to a pier in Cali and learn some freestyle tricks from the locals, maybe scratch it up real good in the process. So much fun. Congrats!

Back