When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987 Panasonic DX4000...just bought it...

-
How did you manage to clean off the rubber covers on the brake levers? I have a pair of the same, one year later, and they are so sticky and dirty!

How did you manage to clean off the rubber covers on the brake levers? I have a pair of the same, one year later, and they are so sticky and dirty!

I cleaned them with an old tooth brush and Fantastic (took quite a while). Then, after quite a few rubbings of Armorall, they became less and less tacky. Just a hint of tackiness is left... :)

Very nice clean up! These old Panasonics ride so nicely and are underrated/undervalued. I had a Panasonic Pro Touring for many years and it rode so nicely. Foolishly I sold it to a friend and his wife rides it almost exclusively - I'll never be able to buy it back now, haha!

Bike looks great. Nice work on the cleanup. Wow. Great riding bikes. I sold this 1988 DX-4000 to a friend just yesterday.

Harpo, I just stumbled on this post for the second time, the bike turned out beautifully. Tim

Back