When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987 Schwinn Circuit

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
This one is OG except for the tires. It came stock with a Duke's mixture of components...Cinelli bars and stem, Suntour Sprint drivetrain, Araya 32 hole anodized rims, DC Royal Compe brakes, Tange Falcon headset. This one still has the original Benotto tape. I think the paint scratches are more from it being moved around than ridden...
1547457793297.png

Would I be correct in my deduction that this was a Greenville, MS bike?

Haven't seen anything definitive, but the '87 Circuit seems to have replaced the '86 Peloton which is not included in the list of bikes made in Greenville for the '86 model year. Models up to the Super Sport were made at Greenville, but the Peloton was made somewhere else.

No, it changed hands at least once prior to the last owner. 25" frame used to be my size, but no more!

Lol, that's still my size. That's why I keep all the tall frames instead of flipping them. But the collection, once again, has once again gotten out of control. :tonguewink:

The shop where I work sells them - I try to play but it seems to most people I am just throwing it in random directions...

Would I be correct in my deduction that this was a Greenville, MS bike?

-----

Disc Golf -

used to play decades ago prior to the creation of the Pole Hole.

was acquainted with Ed Headrick, inventor of of the Pole Hole & founder of Disc Golf Association, back when he was still with us.

Returning to cycles -

Here is a 1986 trade publication article regarding the launch of the Greenville production facility for Schwinn Lightweight models -

https://thecabe.com/forum/attachments/fyl62r-jpg.926436/

-----

Back