When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1987 Schwinn World Sport...just brought it home...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

my apologies that the specifications crosstable came out so fuzzy. it was clear on me monitor but suffered from an auto-resizing done by software. :(

here is the link to the original which is large format and clear -

http://www.trfindley.com/flschwinn_1981_1990/1987_17.html

looking forward to the "after" images Don Federico, when you have completed your usual stellar oeurve. ;)

-----

Thanks once again, Roger.

Interesting that as each bike began its lower level, there was a 1 pound added in final overall weight. One of the instances in life where you pay more to get less!

Tires are supposed to be delivered here on Thursday, so if all goes well I'll post photos sometime on Friday. I know it's a lower end model, but it's the condition that keeps me wanting to see it all finished. Heck, even the handlebar tape is original. One of the true "Survivors" I've been able to come across in recent years in this condition. To bad it wasn't a Paramount, lol!! ;)

I started to do some work on the bike today, and was wondering how the alloy rims could possibly have rust on them (which I noticed upon purchase but wasn't wearing my glasses to examine more closely).

Well, it turns out it isn't rust. It appears to almost be like someone spilled syrup and the bike was ridden over it and it splattered. I took my finger nail and scraped it and it comes off. But I'm not going to do that to both rims, so I need some advice as to an easy way to clean this off. I tried WD-40, why I have no idea, and of course that's useless.

So...any and all suggestions appreciated!!! :)

-----

Thanks very much for the clarification on Arnie's jantes Fred!

When first looking at the photos assumed them to be a steel set with a satin plating to imitate the look of alloy. Then checked the specifications table and was surprised to see them listed as alloy.

She is on her way now! Will be looking fine with the new pneumatici. ;)

-----

!@#$%^&* UPS Strikes Again!!!!

My tires came a little while ago from ebay...or should I say TIRE.

Thankfully I was here when the UPS driver delivered it, because the box was open and one tire was missing!!! I saw the box being delivered from my Dining Room window. No doorbell ring, just drop the box and run. He started to drive off when I saw the box was open and only one tire was in it so I yelled for him to stop, which he did.
I refused delivery, of course, so now I don't know what the next step is. I was happy to see that the tires were arriving early, but again, thankfully I was home and got to the door before the driver took off. He said he noticed the box was open, and a tire was sticking out of it. He said there wasn't another tire on the truck because he looked.
I examined the box and it appeared that the tape was peeled back to gain access, which I showed the driver. He wrote it up that the box was refused, so I guess I'll wait to see what happens.

immediately emailed the company I bought them from, so I don't whether this is now going be an issue getting new tires. I hate to say it, but if the tape has been peeled back and was on correctly when the box was delivered...some at UPS stole it. Unreal.

-----

Sorry to read this sad news.

One thing which surprised me a bit about both this machine and the Traveler is the use of 27" wheels. One would have thought that by the 1987-88 time 27" wheel on a new machine would have gone the way of the dodo.

Do the Schwinn experts know how late the company continued to offer models with 27" wheel?

-----

OK, all done...except for the tires I'm waiting for.

IMG_5044.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5046.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5048.jpg

IMG_5049.jpg

IMG_5050.jpg

IMG_5051.jpg

IMG_5053.jpg

Nice job...looks like new!

Thank you. But to be honest, it was an easy one to work with because it was in such nice shape to begin with. After taking a quick spin on it yesterday, I can't believe how nice it rides and brakes. I'm looking forward to putting the new rubber on and, weather permitting, taking it for a longer ride.

Back