When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold 1988 Schwinn Circuit racing bicycle, 22 inch frame, with full Shimano Santé partsgroup, $300 shipped, or best offer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Price
$300 OBO
Zipcode

cbustapeck

Wore out three sets of tires already!
1988_08 (1).jpg

So, the price was too good for this amazing, ridiculously fast (by my standards) bike, to resist, but it just isn't my cup of tea, and it's time to move it on.

The Schwinn Circuit was near the top of the line when produced in 1988 (date code 0228) and remains a fine bicycle. It features a full Shimano Santé parts group, 22 inch frame, 700c wheels with new tires, and is virtually complete. (It is missing one cover piece by the left brake lever.) Check out the full specifications. Weight is approximately 21 pounds.

The Shimano Santé derailleur has been described as "One of the most innovative and influential derailleurs in recent history. Its all-over-painted look set the tone for Shimano’s road derailleurs for the next decade, and marked the road product out as looking distinctly different from the mountain bike equipment. It dispensed with the external Allen bolt head on the front knuckle for the first time. It had ceramic bushings in its pulley wheels, and was the first Shimano derailleur to support seven speeds (even before Dura-Ace)."

While it does have some wear and tear, it's a solid and comfortable rider, one that can be used daily without worry.

It does need the usual adjustments of brakes and derailleurs of a bicycle that has been sitting this long.

The only major issue: The tires. They are new, and safer than the ones that were on there, but that's about all I can say for them. I would strongly encourage replacement, because it will significantly improve the quality of the ride.

I need to get what I have into this bicycle out of it, but I will consider partial trade for a New Departure Model A hub and similar front hub.

IMG_1022.JPG

IMG_1024.JPG
IMG_E1019.JPG
IMG_1005.JPG
IMG_1006.JPG
IMG_1007.JPG
IMG_1009.JPG
IMG_1010.JPG
IMG_1011.JPG
IMG_1012.JPG
IMG_1013.JPG
IMG_1014.JPG