When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1988 Schwinn Ontare

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Here is one I always kept an eye out for. Found a couple but always too expensive. This one popped up local and I had some birthday money available so I jumped. Paid up but with no shipping that helped. This is exactly my kind of bike. 1 year, cool story on name and history, higher end (this listed new for 1K, gulp!!) and in great shape and mostly original. Had to ditch the orange bar tape and drab old tires. The yellow pedals are growing on me. Been saving the red Brooks B17 for something and here it is. It looks better in person than in pics.

105954648_131259961938023_3237102210124104268_o.jpg

20200725_070917a (Medium).jpg

Non sprocket side (Medium).jpg

Looks great, the changes you made really make the bike pop. What does the bike weigh and what year? Tim

Hey Tim

It's a 88. Not sure on the weight, could not find a published number and of course I have no need for a bike scale! lol

Very cool and colorful find! I had a lowly late 80s Schwinn 434 road bike in college and that thing rode great - very fast! I hope you enjoy your new find.

Damn that short coupler Paramount is cool! Hopefully someone got that and restored back to stock!

I have this exact bike with red handle bar tape and white pedals. Looking to sell. Best website or place to sell it?

Back