When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1988 Schwinn Premis...just bought it

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
First day having the bike out just for a spin around the block (long ride tomorrow). Man, this thing feels like new! I love it. And to think I hesitated on buying it because it was missing the original crank-set.
So far, all I've added was a saddle...new tape...and a different bag. Everything else is as when I bought it (minus the pedal traps, wiring for a cyclometer and the piece to remove pebbles from the front tire).

IMG_2799.JPG

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2804.JPG

IMG_2806.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

IMG_2838.JPG

Tires are in better shape than I had thought, and tubes holding proper air pressure for over a week. Took it on a 10 mile ride and it handled beautifully!:D

Gave mine a deep cleaning, replacing only the bottom bracket and cables. Took if for ten miles yesterday and it rode very well. I was raised in Mississippi, so a Mississippi-manufactured bike in my modest collection was virtually mandatory. Since I photo'd my first one, I've sprung for yet another. For reasons that escape me.
007.JPG

Gave mine a deep cleaning, replacing only the bottom bracket and cables. Took if for ten miles yesterday and it rode very well. I was raised in Mississippi, so a Mississippi-manufactured bike in my modest collection was virtually mandatory. Since I photo'd my first one, I've sprung for yet another. For reasons that escape me.View attachment 909488
LOL. I bought another also...but a basket case! Check out my other Thread on here...

@Harold...hold your phone horizontally when you take photos like this. No need to see so much area above the bike.

Well, I haven't bought a Schwinn road bike in my size frame in a while. So, when I saw this on my local Craigslist (Long Island) I jumped on it.

Thankfully I was the first call (it was only on for three hours when I saw it) because the next guy was chomping at the bit to rush over for it. The guy I bought it from is not the original owner, but works construction during the week in Ohio (check out the label on the frame) and sometimes buys bikes there, brings them back, and sells them. Very nice guy, and I now have a new friend looking for bikes for me.

Anyway, I did research on this model while waiting to go get it. Middle of the lineup. It's a one year only model and made in Mississippi, so one of the last American built Schwinn's. Came in white and the multi-color which I like (I have a purple haze Centurion Ironman Master). View attachment 783900View attachment 783901View attachment 783902View attachment 783903View attachment 783904View attachment 783905View attachment 783906View attachment 783907 Unfortunately the white Sakae crankset was changed out at some point and replaced, but upgraded, with a Shimano 600 set. Saddle, which should have been a blue suede, was replaced. And in the saddle bag is a new tube. Otherwise, all looks as it came from the factory. (except tires, of course) An addition at some point was a cyclometer as all the wiring is there but missing the main unit. Oh, last owner also added that piece under the bottom tube that swings out to take pebbles off the tires.
Paint chips and scratches aside, it appears that it will clean up very nicely! Another project I'm looking forward to working on and then riding.

i just got on site today and posted about my premis almost same story but couldn’t save t
Well, I haven't bought a Schwinn road bike in my size frame in a while. So, when I saw this on my local Craigslist (Long Island) I jumped on it.

Thankfully I was the first call (it was only on for three hours when I saw it) because the next guy was chomping at the bit to rush over for it. The guy I bought it from is not the original owner, but works construction during the week in Ohio (check out the label on the frame) and sometimes buys bikes there, brings them back, and sells them. Very nice guy, and I now have a new friend looking for bikes for me.

Anyway, I did research on this model while waiting to go get it. Middle of the lineup. It's a one year only model and made in Mississippi, so one of the last American built Schwinn's. Came in white and the multi-color which I like (I have a purple haze Centurion Ironman Master). View attachment 783900View attachment 783901View attachment 783902View attachment 783903View attachment 783904View attachment 783905View attachment 783906View attachment 783907 Unfortunately the white Sakae crankset was changed out at some point and replaced, but upgraded, with a Shimano 600 set. Saddle, which should have been a blue suede, was replaced. And in the saddle bag is a new tube. Otherwise, all looks as it came from the factory. (except tires, of course) An addition at some point was a cyclometer as all the wiring is there but missing the main unit. Oh, last owner also added that piece under the bottom tube that swings out to take pebbles off the tires.
Paint chips and scratches aside, it appears that it will clean up very nicely! Another project I'm looking forward to working on and then riding.

Back