When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1989 Schwinn LeTour

-

dave429

I live for the CABE
Found this Schwinn LeTour at a price to good to pass up. It’s really clean and mostly original. I think the rear rim has been replaced with a matrix rim and shimano 600 hub. Going to clean it up and give it a tune up and new grease. Should give me something to do over the long winter months.

776DF103-D7D2-4F50-8D98-57C0F6489CAD.jpeg

84D36F18-3268-4519-8FA2-DD48FA99F2E7.jpeg

@GTs58 @juvela I thought the LeTour bikes were made in Greenville in the 80’s. This has True Temper 4130 Chromoly frame tubes and has made in the USA on the sticker. Components are Suntour Blaze. I figured a frame my size for a couple $20 bills I couldn’t go wrong.

E8333693-BDF2-4514-B7C1-BF6E77836AE0.jpeg

Last edited:
-----

@GTs58 @juvela I thought the LeTour bikes were made in Greenville in the 80’s. This has True Temper 4130 Chromoly frame tubes and has made in the USA on the sticker. Components are Suntour Blaze. I figured a frame my size for a couple $20 bills I couldn’t go wrong.

View attachment 1745346
😉

thanks very much!

does anyone know what year the "lawyer clips" became standard?

-----

@juvela i hate those clips. They can be removed right?

-----

yes, easily

they are held in place by a single phillips head screw

---

as recalled, they began appearing on department store type cycles prior to their adoption by Schwinn

other readers are sure to have firmer information...

---

suspect fork may be contract produced in asia

if you have occasion to repack headset you can check steerer for markings

in the seventies era the forks of many Chicago built Schwinn bicycles were supplied by Tange

other asian contract makers of forks include Akisu, Nissan, Lung...

----

Last edited:
Back