When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1989 Trek 850 Antelope

-

SamG

Finally riding a big boys bike
6759BBDE-E77A-4137-A5E1-23A6C52B313B.jpeg

Hey all…. New to the site and trying to navigate around. Not sure if there’s a general introduction thread, but….
In April of this year I began cycling again after over 20 years. Pulled this old Trek 850 out from the crawl space thinking it was DNR, so I purchased new. Meanwhile a little elbow grease, polishing, tires/tubes, 5” rise handlebars, pannier racks front and rear, along with excessive bags…. Converted this old 21sp MTB into a hybrid/cruiser. Not a bad bike. Currently have a Univega 29” hardtail and Giant 29” full suspension for the trails!!!

It looks brand new! You can't beat an 80's/90's steel mountain bike for comfort and utility. Bonus points for the Avocet Touring saddle.

My daily rider is an '84 Schwinn Sierra. Also have a 1983 Trek 850 (first year) that is a blast to ride.

It looks brand new! You can't beat an 80's/90's steel mountain bike for comfort and utility. Bonus points for the Avocet Touring saddle.

My daily rider is an '84 Schwinn Sierra. Also have a 1983 Trek 850 (first year) that is a blast to ride.
New tires, new racks and bags, new bars and grips…. The original frame, seat, rims and Shimano components are in pretty decent shape. I’m the original owner and didn’t do very hard riding. I bet your 83 is nice.

Back