When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1990 Cannondale Black Lightning...

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This one hasn't seen the light of day in a couple of years. It's just been part of my "Museum", and I figured today was a good day to take it out. Cold here, so only a short ride, but it was nice to be on it again.

I bought this bike a long time ago (and I think posted it on here) from the person who was given the bike from the original owner who brought it with him when he moved to Long Island from California. It was well taken care of its entire life and shows. I still have the original toe clips for the pedals that were on it, but I removed them when I got it home. I kept the water bottle (in the garage and it shows with the dirt on it) but of course never used it. Just kept it to keep it all original.

Anyway, this was a bike I had lusted after for years. So when one came up I got it. The guy wanted way back $500 on Craigslist, and after weeks the price slowly kept coming down. When I went to see it weeks later, we agreed on $300 and we were both happy. I wish the frame was a bit taller for my 6' frame, but it's OK. I'm comfortable enough for the rides I take.

Enjoy my usual Barrage of photos! ;)

IMG_1614.jpeg

IMG_1615.jpeg

IMG_1616.jpeg

IMG_1617.jpeg

IMG_1618.jpeg

IMG_1619.jpeg

IMG_1620.jpeg

IMG_1621.jpeg

IMG_1622.jpeg

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1624.jpeg

IMG_1625.jpeg

Last edited:
What a great bike!! Love how the stem says Black Lightning too. When most components were silver this must have been revolutionary. Now finding silver components is near impossible and nearly all wheels have black spokes.

Back