When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1991 Tommasini, Diamanté

-

cyclingday

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
A friend says, hey!
What are you looking for?
So my usual reply is, I don’t know?
I’ll know it when I see it.
Well, that’s just about how this latest acquisition went.
I had know idea, when I got up that morning, that a 1991 Tommasini Diamanté was going to fall into my lap.
It was love at first sight.

Here’s a bit of background on the little shop that hand builds bikes in Grosseto, Italy.

Here’s the cross sections of this very unusual tube set.

All of the lugs had to be special made to accommodate all of the Multi Shapes.

Hence the name, MS for this tube set.

One of the features that caught my eye immediately, was the very beautiful, Campagnolo, Monoplaner, single pivot caliper brakes.
I remember back in the day, people would refer to Campagnolo components as “Bike Jewelry.”
That it is, and no component exemplifies that, more than the magnificent “Monoplaner” caliper brake.

Sexy, bike parts!

There wasn’t much of a serial number system at Tommasini, so it’s hard to pin down an exact date, but they roughly built this model from 1988-1992.
The component group on this one is pretty mixed, from a range of 1990’s offerings, which was pretty typical for road bikes of that era.
Most of these bikes were sold as frame sets, to be built up of the components of your choosing at the time of retail.
It’ll be a work in progress, but I’ll try to get it down to a select component group from the early 90’s.
But, for now, it’s time to take this Italian Stallion out for a ride!

Enjoy!

Last edited:
That is a beautiful bike and looks great with the white bar tape and seat. I need one in a tall frame but rarely see Italian bikes that are tall. Tim

Colorado Cyclist mail-order business was selling Tommasini bicycles around that time. You could buy them with a choice of component groups but of course you’d have to get a bike like that with Campagnolo. I received their mail-order catalog every month and always thought about getting a Tommasini, although even then I had too many bikes. I regret not purchasing one now.

Back