When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1991 Tommasini, Diamanté

-
Very pleased with the one I just picked up in Orange County. Thank you Pete and Mark!

FC0996E7-B813-4765-87A4-30CE8532397A.jpeg

4F0530E2-3F10-49D6-A376-6A214095C5F9.jpeg

32A08523-B873-4DAC-A144-67925C3A29EE.jpeg

Lou has a Diamante with geometric tubes and Delta brakes - but the deep pearlescent white paint is impossible to photograph.
I've tried on half-a-dozen rides together and get the same result - it reflects light like it's on fire.

Wvm9trD.jpg

wyU3S9T.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!
The Colonia paint scheme that Tommasini used on these, was a Diamanté model exclusive during its production run.
It was offered in Red, Blue, White.
It looks amazing in person, and was the first thing I noticed when I first laid eyes on this bike.
I’m sure the Blue and White versions are equally as striking.
The Colorado Cyclist offered their own exclusive paint scheme as well.
That one differed quite a bit from the Colonia scheme.
I look forward to seeing each of these unique color combinations in person someday.
The paint work on these bikes was exceptional for the industry.
I used to say, that no other country painted bikes better than the American builders, but now, I have to say, that no other builder painted bikes better than Tommasini.

Very Nice Marty. Real eye candy. You told me about this last time we chatted. Must feel like a feather after riding a ballooner! Top shelf. For the man who has everything!! Congrats and thanks for sharing the passion.

Geliano's airbrush is another that's not graphic enough to translate in a photograph.
He made many outstanding celestial paint compositions.
There's a bike example on the internet, but I promise you the photos don't compare to the depth of the paint when the bike's in front of you.

here's another nice example

Last edited:
Back