When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1993 Specialized Allez...MY SIZE!

-

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Well, it took long enough! I kept finding nice bikes to work on, but not in my size. And this one happens to be a 24'' frame (I also take a 25'' depending on make/model for my 6' frame) so this will be a keeper.

I purchased it from the original owner who took very good care of it, keeping it in a nice warm garage. Just before he stopped riding a couple of years or so ago, he had his bike shop go through it with a tuning. Everything spins as new and all was greased, and the additional items on the bike were icing on the cake he left attached.

Nope, not going to use the Aero bars or the computer, but it's nice to have them if I want to. A Specialized saddle bag, pump and water bottle holder rounded out the rest of the items. All in nice working condition.

I've already begun the cleaning/detailing on it, and I must say he wasn't kidding when he said he took care of it. Barely a scratch, just some white paint on the top tube that's been coming off with Polishing Compound.

First time I didn't even attempt to talk the seller down. Very nice, honest gentleman. And the bike was a mere 5 miles from my house. Best $75 I've spent in a while on a bike I can ride!!!

Enjoy the barrage of "as brought home" photos. :p

IMG_7161.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg

IMG_7165.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7167.jpg

IMG_7168.jpg

IMG_7169.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7172.jpg

BTW, since a sticker isn't attached and I haven't found the answer...was this a China made bike or made here? It says Designed in California, but that means nothing. Also, what type tubing?

-----

Never woulda pictured Nostro Don Federico astride a Sinyard. :astonished:

National origin? For this date would expect Formosa.

-----

Last edited:
-----

Never woulda pictured Nostro Don Federico astride a Sinyard. :astonished:

National origin? For this date would expect Formosa.

-----

I figured since Sinyard is only two years older than I am, I needed to see what one of his bikes was like. Still in the cleaning/detailing process, so I'll see how it feels once I get on it. :cool:

IMG_7186.jpg

Very nice! A good, honest old road bike. That was a great era for Specialized!

Reminds me of my pick up this past winter. Bianchis seem to be found here in the 49cm-51cm or 57cm-59cm range but rarely in the 55cm that I take. Bonus that it was an Italian made frame and in decent shape overall, if not a bit dirty.

AC96FBAA-7732-4E31-967E-FEC65D28B2C0.png

With the exception of needing new handlebar tape, I'm pretty much done. I even had a Specialized Body Geometry to put on it in this style for more comfort.

Excellent purchase!... :cool:

IMG_7191.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7249.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

IMG_7251.jpg

IMG_7252.jpg

IMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7254.jpg

-----

Regarding the "designed in california" transfer -

whenever i see statements of this kind on a product or its packaging always read them as a flashing red beacon telling me item produced in a land selected by its purveyor for low labour cost; one which purveyor is loathe to identify.

-----

Back