When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 Anniversary Schwinn Black Phantom...Finally Mine!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

HARPO

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
When I went to look at the bike this morning, I had no idea a fellow Caber was the owner... @olevince !! Neither of us realized it until we began talking about the number of bikes we had and I mentioned "The Cabe". Crazy!! And what a Super nice guy, if none of you have had the chance to meet him.

Well, once I do my usual detailing on this little puppy, it will shine like jewel...and be displayed next to my 1985 Columbia RX-5. Two Reproduction bikes I had wanted for a while, and now I have them both. Phantom is missing the saddle, but at some point when the prices come down (if they ever will), I'll get one.

In the meantime, enjoy my usual barrage of "as brought home" photos! I feel like the little kid at Christmas in the 1950's who was lucky to get one under the tree. Thanks again, Vince!!! :)

IMG_1183.jpeg

IMG_1184.jpeg

IMG_1185.jpeg

IMG_1186.jpeg

IMG_1188.jpeg

IMG_1189.jpeg

IMG_1190.jpeg

IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

A rare sight, somebody actually used it. And, looks it it got caught, just in the knick of time.

I'm with GT on the wax the heck out of it everywhere after ya get the rust off chrome and bare metals to seal it. Prob be a good idea to remove tires to polish and wax em inside rims .

Be careful and give a good soaking on smaller nuts and screws that got rust or they can snap and or strip head or thread easy. . .

Congrats on your new Newer Phantom. Once it's all cleaned/polished up put on three good coats of wax. ;)
My General rule of thumb as to what I do to all of my bikes when I get them for the paint:
Clean off the dirt with Fantastic...Light Rubbing Compound...then Polishing Compound...then Polish...and finally two coats of Carnuba Wax.

Chrome gets the Fantastic also...then WD-40 and 0000 steel wool...then Chrome polish...then two coats of Carnuba Wax.

Thankfully, this Phantom wasn't made in Taiwan where the rust starts as soon as the bike is assembled.

My wife tolerates my bike obsession, and has gotten to know about some of them.

But I was surprised yesterday when I brought the bike home and she took a quick look at it, turned to me and said "Is that the same bike from Back To The Future?". :p And then asked if it was an ORIGINAL from the 1950's...and was a little disappointed that it wasn't. I told her you wouldn't have been happy if I spent that kind of money on an original in this condition. She was good with that.

I guess she pays even more attention to the bikes than I thought!! :tonguewink:

Last edited:
Back