When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1995 black phantom owners

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This is why a lot of certificates--on anything from autographs to sports memorabilia mean almost nothing. I fail to see the point of having a certificate of authenticity on a reproduction! V/r Shawn

The 1995 year Phantoms were just a way for the Current Schwinn Company to commemorate Schwinn's iconic 100 year anniversary!

Love them or hate them, they were a great quality bike made in the Good-Ole USA!

These were supposed to be a limited production run of 5000 bikes, and these certificates were just to document a bike in that limited run. But from what I have seen in the discussions about this bike, Schwinn fell way short of selling all 5000 bikes.

Before it closed, the local bike shop near me had a display with an original Black Phantom and a 100th anniversary reproduction. The original seemed nicer to me, but the 100th anniversary also seemed quite well done, at least just looking at it. [You don't know about things like bearing surface hardening, wear on running gear, etc. unless you tear into a bike.] But compared to the later reproductions that were made abroad, the 100th seemed pretty good. I'm sure an anniversary model on the road would sure turn heads. This is the bike that most non-bike people think of "old fat tire bike", well this or the bike on the beer display at the store. If I found one for a good price, I'd probably buy it for rail trail riding. It's too hilly in my usual places for one of them.

So it is interesting to note that these 100th year anniversary Phantoms were still offered in 1999

Here is a pic from page 57 of the 99 catalog

So it is interesting to note that these 100th year anniversary Phantoms were still offered in 1999

Here is a pic from page 57 of the 99 catalog

View attachment 1441705

I wonder if that's just added in for some kind of history or if there really were some 95 Phantoms still available. I was under the impression they were pretty much sold out to the Dealers way before 1999.

I wonder is that's just added in for some kind of history or if there really were some 95 Phantoms still available. I was under the impression they were pretty much sold out to the Dealers way before 1999.

They are in the 95 through 99 catalogs I just went through. So I am assuming they were aviliable for those years?

They are in the 95 through 99 catalogs I just went through. So I am assuming they were aviliable for those years?
Considering the original retail price, that may be true. The $500 Covid Phantoms sold out in a flash.

Back