When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

19teens ivers johnson arch bar nickel(crome?) plated frame bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
There should be another serial # on the seat tube. The general consensus is that the badge with the pat. on it is 1921 or newer.

Very late bike, 1940 or 41 if that BB SN is correct. Usually the later bikes SN are on the seat post tube

You got ansi and decided you just had to find something good huh? Sweet bike... Now Mark you have made me sick. Do not know much about Iver J.

Last edited:
Is it Nickel or Chrome? My 1936 catalog states that frames were available with a Chromium head tube and fork. Earlier bikes would have been Nickel plated of course (not sure what date the first chrome plating was done on Ivers.

Could have been a trainee stamping serial numbers that day, or someone hired away from the Columbia MFG., Co.

Early Ivers had bottom bracket serial numbers but lots of other things on your bike point to a later model. Badge is post 1921. As far as the entire bike being plated, it could be they just dunked the whole thing and then painted everything but the head tube. I posted a Nickel plated Iver in the Solid and Stolid thread that was on eBay months ago. I don't know if it sold but it was pretty cool looking. Be sure to post photos of your bike in that thread for longevity (it's in my sig line)

Back