When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 hour drive, $60 paid, $12 in tolls and about $25 in gas. 2 Stingrays!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Crazy8

I live for the CABE
Yup, someone had a yard sale on a Tuesday! Emailed him last night and he held them for me until he got there. Had no idea what I was getting, I just knew they were from the 60's and what color they were. Needs tires and tubes, and a good cleaning, but in really good shape!

The green one is a '68 Stingray Deluxe with the Bendix 2 speed overdrive kickback hub.
The white one is a repaint (original green) Fastback and I can't make out the serial number to figure out the year.

Also picked up a Nicetown Tricycle and a Persons springer seat.

Stingrays.jpg

WOW what a score! I like the white bike!!
Still under $100 for all of that was a heck of a deal.
JKent

The white is nice, however, chips in the paint are showing the original green color, which is good! Because I'll be removing all the parts, and buying some paint thinner!

Just took the crank off the white one and it has a born on date of 2/68, so both bikes are '68s.

When I was going to the place, I was thinking that I would use the parts for my '61 Canti project, but they are so nice I don't want to tear them apart. My problem is, I'm accumulating too many bikes!

Just the past 10 days.
Delta Super Rocket Ray (going on the '61 Canti)
'54 Schwinn Starlett in Pink and White with the pink Rocket Ray. (Currently in parts being cleaned)
'61 Canti Hornet with tank (in parts being cleaned)
'60s Mattel Bronco (soon to be in parts being cleaned)
2 '68 Stingrays in this post, and the tricycle.

Got a lot of cleaning up to do, so I'll probably cool it on the bike hunting until I get all this sorted out. Wife is gonna have a fit, so some of these will have to go.

Might just have to borrow a truck and take a trip up to Copake.

Crazy8

Did you buy the Starlet from the used furniture place in Kutztown, PA?
I was going to get that one, but I already have two pink Starlets.............Wayne

Did you buy the Starlet from the used furniture place in Kutztown, PA?
I was going to get that one, but I already have two pink Starlets.............Wayne

No. I didn't buy that one. Thought about it, but I couldn't find the CL ad anymore so I thought it might be gone.

Great score Jon. The blue band kickback is just about worth the whole amount you have into everything! Always wanted to find a 36h overdrive to try on a full sized Schwinn middle weight.

Back