When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 nice bikes brought home from Copake

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Even though I sold ZERO bikes on Friday and had NO idea how to fit 2 more into the lightning van, I sprung for 2 bikes that I have had before. Matter of fact I still have 2 of one.

So, equipped with more money than brains, I marched the length of the pasture where the swap is held and made an offer for 2 of my bucket list bikes. I asked for a 2fer deal and then offered 200.00 less than the quoted price. When I heard the bell chime, I knew that Clarence had gotten his wings and I had a very clean X53 and a decent Color flow.

The bikes are here in this before pic ... the pic before my wallet was enlightened.

IMG_0171.JPG

The X53 did not need too much cleaning. Somebody loved it.

IMG_0213.JPG

IMG_0212.JPG

That 2 speed makes riding this around the beach hills an easy task. I suspect that I need to keep the skip tooth wheel, chain and sprocket off one of the other WF X53's when I part them out to help pay this off.

IMG_0237.JPG

The Higgins is a pretty honest bike. Honest that is, if you admitted that you painted the nice gold colored fender stays silver when you attempted a chrome rescue in 1966. There must be 2-3 whole generations who thought silver lacquer was absolutely as "good the hell enough" as chrome. These same frugal Yankees had kids who thought that a can of Rust-o-leum flat black was the cure for the lack of maintenance and proper storage of the "old clunker in the barn."
IMG_0172.JPG

About 6 hours or 21 episodes of the podcast "Up and Disappeared" later, I found the original gold stay paint under the silver. The paint came back to a degree and I lost NO pinstripes! Lots of chemicals were used and my fingers and the environment were irreparably damaged.

IMG_0232.JPG

I have Christianed her Jewelie because of the... (oh, you know).
IMG_0233.JPG

If anyone knows these X53 bikes well, please let me know if the black and gold one is correct. If you see a wrong part on it but a right part on one of the two I am brooming, let me know what to swap out and keep.

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

Thanks,

Jim

IMG_0172.JPG

Even though I sold ZERO bikes on Friday and had NO idea how to fit 2 more into the lightning van, I sprung for 2 bikes that I have had before. Matter of fact I still have 2 of one.

So, equipped with more money than brains, I marched the length of the pasture where the swap is held and made an offer for 2 of my bucket list bikes. I asked for a 2fer deal and then offered 200.00 less than the quoted price. When I heard the bell chime, I knew that Clarence had gotten his wings and I had a very clean X53 and a decent Color flow.

The bikes are here in this before pic ... the pic before my wallet was enlightened.

View attachment 980688

View attachment 980689

View attachment 980690

That 2 speed makes riding this around the beach hills an easy task. I suspect that I need to keep the skip tooth wheel, chain and sprocket off one of the other WF X53's when I part them out to help pay this off.

View attachment 980691

The Higgins is a pretty honest bike. Honest that is, if you admitted that you painted the nice gold colored fender stays silver when you attempted a chrome rescue in 1966. There must be 2-3 whole generations who thought silver lacquer was absolutely as "good the hell enough" as chrome. These same frugal Yankees had kids who thought that a can of Rust-o-leum flat black was the cure for the lack of maintenance and proper storage of the "old clunker in the barn."
View attachment 980692

About 6 hours or 21 episodes of the podcast "Up and Disappeared" later, I found the original gold stay paint under the silver. The paint came back to a degree and I lost NO pinstripes! Lots of chemicals were used and my fingers and the environment were irreparably damaged.

View attachment 980694

View attachment 980695

If anyone knows these X53 bikes well, please let me know if the black and gold one is correct. If you see a wrong part on it but a right part on one of the two I am brooming, let me know what to swap out and keep.

View attachment 980697

View attachment 980698

Thanks,

Jim

View attachment 980693

MERRY XMAS

View attachment 980688

View attachment 980689

View attachment 980690

View attachment 980691

View attachment 980692

View attachment 980694

View attachment 980695

View attachment 980697

View attachment 980698

Thanks,

Jim

View attachment 980693
Hey Jim, where do i begin? Well for starters i must say "well done". these x53 bikes are getting a lot harder to find in this condition so you scored a keeper. The color flow is very nice too . Don't know much about these bikes, but i do know brilliant silver krylon in a can is no substitute for real chrome or as we call it in my neck of the woods, "Mexican chrome". And as far as "Jewelie is concerned, she will never know the true meaning of her name, as do i. enjoy your new treasuers. Razin.

Back