When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(2) NOS tanks. Does anyone know what they are for?

-

oldmtrcyc

I live for the CABE
I bought a bunch of stuff from a guy and would like to know what these fit. The maroon tank (3 rib) has some matching fenders, which I ASSUME is for the same bike, but I don't know. The red tank is made for the top bar to go through the tank. I appreciate any and all comments!

20181231_131227_001.jpg

20181231_131302_001.jpg

Thank you, Fordmike. I have found several pictures of bikes with the 3 gill. Looks to be postwar with the horn location. I haven't found a pic of a bike with a tank like the red one without the gills.

Thank you, Fordmike. I have found several pictures of bikes with the 3 gill. Looks to be postwar with the horn location. I haven't found a pic of a bike with a tank like the red one without the gills.
Red one Hawthorne 1941 to 1946/47.....;)

CWC = Cleveland Welding Company (later AMF).

D.P. Harris = makers of Rollfast, along with partner H.P. Snyder

What Felixnegron has forgotten is that I gather AMF dual badged a bike or two Rollfast and Roadmaster at some point in the 1960s, perhaps prior to the Rollfast 75th anniversary in 1969. I've seen that bike on eBay before, the decal on the head tube looked correct for AMF at the time.

Mind you, no tanks on Rollfasts or their sister store brands by the mid-60s, that's probably early 50s or prior.

Back