When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 Schwinn Balloon '40's bikes and a SEARS 24" Spyder for Charlotte Swap Meet FEB 1st

-

Classic Cool Rides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
I have these 3 bikes ready for the Charlotte Swap Meet this Sat Feb 1st and priced for Swap meet in person buying ... I don't prefer to ship but if they return from Charlotte there is a LBS who will professionally pack and ship for $150 to your doorstep in the lower 48
<><><><><><><><><>
The Schwinn DX bike is sporting the Original Paint on the FRAME and fork and rear 9 hole rack. (Fenders and chainguard have been amateur repainted and striped) .... the S-2 rims are straight but have some silver paint over thin original chrome (hubs NOT rebuilt) has New Departure CB ( 1/2 X 1/8 )chain
Has NEW headset and BB set. It has the "Plane, Train race car" head badge and a non-working Delta "Wasp" fender light...
.... the Charlotte Swap meet pricing on this Blue Schwinn DX is $275.00
<><><><><><><><><><>
The Blue Schwinn "D" frame bike has a shotty repaint from many years ago including some bondo in the fenders.... the wheelset has been 100% rebuilt including a Powdercoated S-2 rim set in "Chrome" with rebuilt Skip-tooth New Departure rear hub and Schwinn Script front hub. Has a Blue Oval Schwinn Head Badge
.... the Charlotte Swap Meet pricing on this bike is $250.00
<><><><><><><><><><>
The SEARS Spyder 24" 5 speed has a lot of potential! I have the 5 speed gears working fine WITH the original Shifter and rear derailleur ... (NEW cables)
The TWIN rear hand brakes are working .... the chrome needs to be cleaned up! (PART of the rear fender rusted out and is missing - lower section)
The Red Striped OG tires were Toast ... so I found a RARE 24" NOS Cheater Slick and a new aftermarket front 24 X 1 3/8 BW tire. Original Rims are straight but need surface rust cleaned up. The seat is NOS from the '80's but not correct. Bars are a little taller than the original ones which were damaged.
..... The Charlotte Swap Meet pricing on this 24" SEARS Spyder bike is $300.00
Hope to see you in Charlotte! Cheers! CCR Dave

These 3 are still available after not selling at the Hurricane Coaster's Show/Swap meet... I will next have these on display for sale at the Pedal-to-the-Metal Swap meet in Commerce (Atlanta) GA on March 7th and after that if still available to the Get-A-Grip in Cleveland, TN on March 28th.
I'm giving serious consideration to selling the Original Paint DX Frame & Fork as a separate package and doing a complete parting out of the DX bike.
Im thinking $150.00 for the Frame & Fork (and the Train-Plane-Race Car Head badge) plus $50.00 shipping in the lower 48
Thank you, CCR Dave

Back