When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed kickback

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

digger

Look Ma, No Hands!
Could someone with "all knowing knowledge" tell me if the yellow band was ever drilled from the factory for .120 spokes? Thanks

Yes, I have found these on Raleigh tandems but they are probably on others too.

Were they maybe 105 spokes?

The only bike Schwinn offered with the 120 spokes during that time was the Cycle Truck, so I really doubt they were drilled for that spoke. Schwinn issued anyway. 105 is a different story and Schwinn used 105's on their 2 speed tandems and Heavy Duti's.

The spokes measured .120. Bendix did offer them, shell number was AB-301C and hub with 18 tooth was 480825

Looks like Schwinn offered them too

Bendix2-Speeds.jpg

Thanks Rusty Klunker! One more question. I have read there is a difference in length between the heavyduty front hubs with .120 spokes. Apparently the ones for Sulkys are wider? What is the width of the one for bicycles. Measured from where to where (flange to flange or total width)? Thanks again.

Last edited:
Measured from the outside of the cones, my Bendix Model K and Eclipse front hubs measure approximately 3 11/16 inches.

Back