When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed new departure

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
z
Dear Fellow ND 2 Speeders. Catfish provided the schematics,I can supply you with the installation Instructions I had printed out Very helpful on install and adjust.Printed from the instructions booklet that came in the box with the 2 speed set up.Very helpful and have sent out a few dozen .simply PM me a mailing address and its on its way to you!And no fee ,its free
Good Day Rudy
Thank you again, Rudy. You are a real asset !

I've had different "from the factory" combinations over the years, with small and large threads for the different cables and for both types of axles.
I have never seen one and I have many. Post a picture of some. The one in the picture here looks like it has a screw holding it together. I never seen that either. They must be rare.

Here's some pictures of actuators that have come and gone in the last couple years.
1 for axle with internal pushrod and large cable adjuster.
1 for external pushrod and large adjuster.
1 for external pushrod and small adjuster.
These and others I've had looked to be factory orig, I could be mistaken tho.

image-jpg.jpg

next 2 pics are of the same actuator:
image-jpeg.jpg

image-jpeg.jpg

next 2 pics are of the same actuator:

20141125_010JPG-1.jpg

20141125_013JPG-1.jpg

So, nobody wants to comment on who sold this mishmash of parts? I'd like to know.

Won't return emails to this guy? That is lame, sorry.

William, I was wondering that myself, but it's not to difficult to find out if you go through the OP's thread activity. There you will find your answer ;)

Thanks to heads up from CABE members, both missing parts arrived today from separate eBay venders. The actuator is new, and a work of art. The driver is NOS. I'll wait until instructions arrive to see if that answers remaining question about small ball bearing, and should be good to go. If not, you'll probably hear back from me. Many thanks once again !

IMG_0046.JPG
IMG_9984.jpg
I think I am down to just needing the #35 on the parts sheet above. The picture is fuzzy, but my guess is that it is a caged ball bearing with a slot in it, so it can be installed. Otherwise , just loose bearings would be the only way I see to get a ball bearing there. If I'm correct, and anyone may have this part for sale, I'd love to hear from you. [email protected] The original seller has contacted me now, and is trying to help, also. I'll report back when all the dust settles, as to that outcome. Thanks !

The c-shaped flat spring steel piece that holds the planetary gears onto the gear carrier comes off. Gently expand it to free it from the groove in one of the posts at either end. They're kinda tricky to remove and replace but it and the gears must come off to install the bearing retainer.

^
You have 35, it's "The c-shaped flat spring steel piece..."

The pictures I posted show the bearings in a cage on the actuator side of the axle and the ones in a cage inside the planetary gears. They just push on since the cages allow the balls to move enough to fit on the inner race.

Back