When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2 speed redband bendix kickback hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

blue6218

Look Ma, No Hands!
Good Evening collectors and enthusiasts, what years was the redband 2 speed bendix kickback hub used on schwinns? Are the hubs dated? If so, by month and year of production? Thanks for any info you can pass along.

Would all 1964 schwinns have the three redband 2 speed kickback on them or would some later ones have the yellow band?

The RedBand 2 speed was made from March 1960-December 1964.The YellowBand was January 1965 to December 1969 but Schwinn still carried them 'till sometime in 1970...See link,scroll down to the actual Bendix literature for their production dates.. http://www.trfindley.com/pgbndxhbs.html

Last edited:
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I have a 1964 middleweight schwinn that I am thinking of putting a 2 speed kickback on and I want to make sure I keep it period correct as possible. I have never owned a bike with a 2 speed kickback.

I have a yellow band that I just put on another bike.This is my first one also. Haven't opened it up yet to grease the bearings, any tricks or things to look out for?

So, correct me if I am wrong, any 2 speed redband kickback hub will be period correct for my 1964 middleweight? Before purchasing a 2 speed redband kickback hub, just want to confirm that there are no specific production dates on the hubs?

No dates on hubs. What is the serial number of your bike? If it's at the end of 64 it might have been sold as a 65 which would for sure be a yellow.

Look @ LInk In My 1st Post....

No dates on hubs. What is the serial number of your bike? If it's at the end of 64 it might have been sold as a 65 which would for sure be a yellow.

Bendix started making the YellowBand hub January 1965. Any 1964 dated bike would have a RedBand for a 2 speed.I've had many of both,I think the RedBand is better anyway.The disk brakes rock.

Last edited:
Back